Vladimir Potanin Charity Foundation – is one of the first private foundation in modern Russia. It was created in 1999 by businessman Vladimir Potanin to implement large-scale programs in the field of education and culture. The Foundation's mission – is to promote the development of charity in Russia, the formation of the social environment where values are creativity, professionalism and volunteer activity. The Foundation supports gifted and intelligent people, those who are able to change and willing to help others.
Fund holds long-term scholarship and grant programs addressed to talented students and faculty of leading public and private universities in Russia, museum professionals, professional sports industry, professionals to create and develop endowments.
The principles of operation of the Fund:
– The creation of equal conditions for all participants, the use of competitive mechanisms;
– The desire to be a leader in their field, the ability to experiment and use new technologies;
– Creative development of Russian and international experience of charity;
– Interaction with professional partners.
– Vladimir Potanin Foundation is a member of the European Foundation Centre, as well as the Russian Donors Forum, and also is one of its founders. Employees of the Foundation actively participate in the formation and development of professional philanthropic community in Russia, promoting best practices and modern techniques in the field of philanthropy.
In 2010, Vladimir Potanin publicly announced his decision to transfer the bulk of his fortune to charity, and in 2013 joined the global philanthropic initiative of the Giving Pledge («The Giving Pledge"). Fund budget is formed from the personal funds of Vladimir Potanin and makes more than 300 million rubles per year. General Director of the Foundation – is Larisa Zelkova, a member of the Council for Culture and the Arts under the President of the Russian Federation, a member of the Public Council under the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection of the Russian Federation, a member of the Public Council under the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation.
Visiting Vladimir Potanin Foundation can only be on call. Specify the time and days of work on the phone: +7 (495) 725 – 65 – 05.