The mission of the Museum of money is to facilitate dissemination of knowledge aimed at enhancing financial literacy. To assist in creating the creative, exploratory and innovative programmes that promote knowledge about the history of monetary circulation of Russia and countries of the world. The idea of the project: Creating the Museum of the history of monetary circulation of the world from antiquity to the present day.
The conception of the Museum of money is in searching of new meanings and essences of the money. In discovering the answers to various questions, the development of healthy attitudes toward money, as well as the education of financial literacy.
The purpose of the Museum of money :
– The expansion of knowledge in the field of history, culture, economy and trade all over the world through the prism of history and current state of the monetary system and its principles.
– Formation in different social groups a positive relationship to money.
– Increase the level of financial literacy of the population.
– Building commitment to a meaningful attitude towards life.
– The formation of sustainable understanding of the interdependence of various social groups, classes, ethnic groups, countries, economic, political etc. systems.
– Sustainable knowledge about the stages passed by human society on the path of economic, political, social, cultural, technological, etc. development trends reflected in the cash handling device, the technology of production of money, their material, design, etc.
The objectives of the Museum of money are:
– The creation of a museum exposition telling about the interrelated history of monetary circulation of countries.
– Development of educational programs aimed at increasing financial literacy, expanding knowledge about the cultures of the world.
– Creating tours and interactive programs for different target audiences, taking into account the diversity of psychological types and representational systems;
– Organization of exhibition activities, including regional, aimed to introduce the visitors with different meanings of money;
– Establishment of collaborations with various organizations to create collaborative creative products, expanding notions of the history of money circulation;
– Creation of Souvenirs, popularizing the history of money circulation.
Individual exhibition projects of the museum is already available to Muscovites and guests of the capital. You can get acquainted with modern and old money from 80 -countries of the world.
Mon – Fri: 10.00 – 18.00
Sat – Sun: 11.00 – 19.00
Day-off: without day-off
Dear friends, pay your attention, to the fact that the time and days of work of "Museum of money" can change, so before visiting it we recommend you to call:+7 (499) 652 – 94 – 56